How do you feel??
A) like you scaled Mt. Everest– quick someone take a picture!!? or
B) like you’re a drained AA battery?
Everyone approaches the readathon differently, and I’m starting to learn that life has to get in the way, so this wasn’t the go-for-gold kind of readathon but an I’ll-read-as-much-as-I-possibly-can. And the benchmarks along the way are what we can celebrate. This book community is to be applauded for their tireless preparation (here’s looking at you hosts!), the pre-readathoners, and readathoners themselves. Plus the every day readers.
I hope you made a connection or two along this twenty-four hour journey. You might have found a new bookish friend on Twitter or a reading twin on Goodreads. If not a person, maybe someone shared your next great read and a recipe to try (thanks BINGO board square).
Regardless of how much you read- be it pages or books- you are to be applauded for being here. For showing up. For reading. For snacking while reading. We are a community of readers. It’s our identity. Tattoos. Sagging bookshelves. Swag. It represents us.
Find me on Instagram or my blog!
- How would you assess your reading overall?
- Did you have a stategy, and if so, did you stick to it?
- What was your favorite snack?
- Wanna volunteer for our next event? Stay tuned for the recap post!
Link up below or leave a comment!
Twitter Party – Hosted by Alisha
Enter your finished books into the DATABASE here!
Check out the Bingo Board!
Cheer your fellow readers!
Join our Goodreads or Facebook or Reddit groups!
Watch for posts and stories on our Instagram!
Tag your posts with #Readathon on all your social channels
7 thoughts on “Hour 24 – Celebrate!”
Here’s my final survey – https://amandarainy.wordpress.com/2021/04/25/april-24th-closing-survey/
Thank you for the wonderful event!
1. Pretty good. I finished 2 books in just over 14hrs!
2. No strategy, I’m a pantser when it comes to reading.
3. The hubby gave me some jam & cream sponge cake. Mmmmm. I think there’s still mo….
4. I’m not the leader type sorry! Had a blast though, thank you to all those that led!🙌
1. How would you assess your reading overall?
333 pages across 5 books is not too shabby
2. Did you have a stategy, and
if so, did you stick to it?
Not really, just knew I wanted to catch up on Mochagirlsread book club reads The City We Became and The Vanishing Half
3.What was your favorite snack?
Beef empanadas from the Argentinian place next to the The Ripped Bodice bookstore. Really missed those!
Well, I managed to read for 14 hours, and finished 3 books. I was just short of the halfway mark on a fourth, and I’ve just kept going since I’d like to finish this book as well this weekend. My total during the readathon itself (including the equivalent page count for audio) was 744 pages, my best total yet.
1) I am impressed with my progress overall. This has been a busy month given all my writerly commitments as well as book blogging. I was glad to pick books that were not Advance Reader Copies (as much as I love book blogging).
2) I didn’t really have a strategy, I just fit the books in and around other things.
3) Chocolate cookies one day and dark chocolate the next. Oh, and apple pie. I have a sweet tooth!
4) Yes, I’d like to if I’m free at the time. thanks for a great Readathon.
It was a good a good readathon day! My main goal was to just read more than I normally do in a day and just to read as much as I could.
My wrap up- https://angelicam2009.wordpress.com/2021/04/25/deweys-24-hour-readathon-wrap-up/
How would you assess your reading overall?
–It was great! I read way more than I expected and I had fun doing it 😀
Did you have a stategy, and if so, did you stick to it?
–Just listen to my body, if I wanted to read I read, if I needed a break I took it. Basically not forcing myself to keep reading and that worked really well!
What was your favorite snack?
–Mango + Chile + Lime popsicle YUM
Here’s my wrap up: https://bitesofbookscom.wordpress.com/2021/04/27/deweys-24-hr-read-a-thon-april-24-2021/