Hello everyone! Salutations! Greetings! May the Force be with you! My name is Rachel Noel and I am gonna be your co-host for the next few hours.
I’ll admit, I do enjoy my sci-fi and fantasy novels and I’ve noticed a bit of a common theme amongst them. Well, at least where superpowers are involved. Whatever powers the character receives are pretty much based on their personality. When I think about it, if it were to happen to me, I’d end up with a reading based super power! Can you imaging what that would look like?
I’ve actually come up with a few and I’m curious, which of these reading based super powers would you want?
- Every time you open a book and start reading, time stops. It restarts again when you’re no longer reading.
- You can read super fast with no loss of enjoyment, comprehension or engagement.
- You can always open a book to exactly the passage or page you’re looking for.
- You always know what book someone needs to read, even if it’s a book you’ve never heard of.
- The ability to read and understand books, regardless of the language they’re written in.
I know these aren’t exactly the most fantastical of powers. Some books have it so you can just reach in and grab an item from a book. Others let you travel through books! But I kinda wanted to keep it based on the actual action of reading. By all means, if you think of others, please let me know!
In the meantime, keep enjoying your reading! If you’re getting tired, don’t worry about staying up the full time. The important thing is that you’re having fun. That being said, if you need a second wind, just let us know! We’ve got cheerleaders at the ready to encourage you on!
Participate in our Mini-Challenges ANY TIME! They are located HERE, and they are all open for the entire 24 hours of the event!
If you see your name announced as an hourly prize winner, visit the PRIZES page to claim.
Enter your finished books into the 1 MILLION PAGES DATABASE!