Are you awake after that? Have you caught your breath yet? I hope so because we are entering the HOME STRETCH of the readathon and it is time to dig deep down inside yourself and find the will to keep reading on! This is Kate from Kate’s Book Nook and I will be your cohost for the rest of the readathon! Are you excited??? I know I am! This is your last chance to pull out that book you have been meaning to get to and give it a chance… seriously, it just wants a friend 🙂
Big shout out to our cheerleaders!!! You guys have been fantastic! Next time we should have cheerleaders for our cheerleaders! But in all seriousness, thanks so much for cheering all of us readers on. You give us the strength to push past the weariness and keep reading on!
Random Fact of the Hour:
The term “mad as a hatter” (the Mad Hatter) began to be used hundreds of years ago when hat makers really did go mad. They used mercury to treat furs and would inhale the vapor, which over time caused brain damage and psychological problems…. So the next time some one tells you that you’re mad as a hatter for doing a 24-hour readathon, you can give them a little education.
- The winner of Library Experience mini-challenge from Kanaye Speaks is Sheila from Bookjourney
- The winner of Re-Reading (Hour 16 mini-challenge) from The Bluestocking Society is Melissa from Avid Reader’s Musing
- The winner of Book Appetit mini-challenge from Book Journey is A Journey Through Books
- The winner of Picturiffic mini-challenge fromMemory is Zara from The Bibliotaphe’s Closet
- And our random reader winner is Erica from The Book Cellar
Now go pick up a book and remember to have fun. You can sleep when you’re dead, so have fun while you can!!!